Tuesday 9 August 2011

Fields of colour fields

Not exactly what I had in mind for the next stage but it was good fun. Much easier that I thought too. I always look at pieces like this and am in awe at the artists understanding of colour.

I've gone for a sort of easy on the eye, could fit in with your decor somewhere approach as this is more of a gift for someone than a conceptual or exploratory piece although I did learn from it. Some of the colours need switching to make it work totally and some need a second coat. I really want to do the background as vertical stripes of the same colour scheme to see how they interact but that could end up being a bit mad for the person who's present it is' taste.

The top one is how it's been completed so far and the bottom 3 are just me playing around with possible colourings in photoshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment