Monday 29 August 2011

First oil Painting


I did this remarkably quickly. It's a very small painting but it would have probably taken me twice as long with acrylics because they dry all the time and you end up having to remix the same colours over and over. I found them much easier to work with than acrylics. You can adjust the tone of colours already on the canvas just by blending other colours into the ones already present which is ace!

I've had some work on Etsy for a while and they haven't sold. I know it's because of the price tag but I'm not going to sell my work for less than minimum wage. If i can complete paintings in this short amount of time or less then I can try and sell them (although not this one. It's a gift) online much cheaper and hopefully have a little bit of extra money to support myself in Falmouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment